Synopsis: Adrian Mitchell is a powerful angel leading an elite Special Ops unit of Seraphim. His task is to punish the Fallen-angels who have become vampires-and command a restless pack of indentured lycans. But Adrian has suffered his own punishment for becoming involved with mortals- losing the woman he loves again and again. Now, after nearly two hundred years, he has found her-Shadoe-her soul once more inhabiting a new body, with no memory of him. And this time, he won’t let her go.
Series: Renegade Angels #1
Date of Publication: October 04, 2011
HEA/Happy End: Yes
Rating: 1 Stars ✶ – DNF
I read and read and read and I expected that this book would become better, but it was just absurd. Throughout the reading my face kinda looked like this
and I made faces like this
I liked the prequel with Raze and Kim, so I expected that this one would be as good as that. But no, it’s really disappointing. How did it get 4 stars at Goodreads by nearly 6200 ratings.
This book does not deserve a full review, so I will just give you a list:
- Adrian: He acts like a real psycho at the beginning. He meet Lindsay just five minutes ago and has already a plan how to keep her with him, protect her and control her. He even calls it “micromanaging her life”. And I don’t get how he knows that Lindsay has the soul of his dead lover Shadoe. Did I mention that he is a jerk?
- Lindsay: She goes with a totally strange guy to his home in a totally unknown city. Oh and if you did not know: she is a vampire hunter since 10 years and she got her throwing knives through airport security. No kidding. Apparently they have real lousy security. She tries to be independent, but she backs down way to easy. Also her thoughts did not make any sense.
- InstaLust: Don’t get me wrong I have no problems with “lust at first sight” but only if it feels right. With this book is was just confusing. I don’t see why they are attracted to each other.
- The writing was good, but it couldn’t save the book for me.
- Sadly it’s a dnf for me, because I was bored out of my mind by this.
Can I have the time back that I needed to read this?