Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke And Bookish.
For future Top Ten Tuesday topics & info on how to participate, click here!
I saw a lot of people do this meme, so I wanted to give a try too. This weeks theme is: Top Ten New-To-Me Authors I Read In 2014.
Not all of the following author were good ones for me, but whatever. I will always link to the author on Goodreads.
- Jennifer L. Armentrout: JLA is my best discovery this year. I found her because Obsidian was for free and after finishing that one I had to read the whole Lux-series. Then I saw that she published another series called Dark Elements. I’m now in love with that one, too. I might even like it more than the Lux series. Also I did start her Covenant-series, but I’m still on the first page. Good thing though, the series is already finished.
- Anne Bishop: I found her Other-series in the beginning of the year, luckely the second one was already out, so I read that one as well. Now I’m waiting for the third in series. But I don’t think I will read her Black Jewels-series, because I’m not into high fantasy.
- Felicity Heaton: I only read the novels that were for free on amazon (and still are) and the short stories in my short story collections. I liked the short stories, the normal books, except for one, are not so good (in my opinion)
- Allyson James: I have read the first two books of her stormwalker series while I was on vacation in the Netherlands. I liked them but they had a little bit too much sex in them and I’m not sure if I will read book #3
- Colleen Helme: I found her Shelby Nichols series by accident. The first book was for free on amazon and had a nice cover, so I “bought” it and I did not regret it. I loved the whole series. Now I’m waiting for book #7.
- Kaylea Cross: Her first book was for free on amazon and I loved it, the second… not so much. She is a one-book-wonder for me.
- Rachel Vincent: I had the first Omnibus of her Soul Screamer series on my shelf for what felt like ages and I finally read it and loved it. I did try her Bound series after that but that wasn’t to my liking. Still have to try her Shifter series.
- Tijan: I read the first book of the Fallen Crest series (was for free on amazon, still is?) and I developed this love-hate feelings for the book. I won’t pick up the second one. No, no way.
- Sylvia Day: I only read the prequel short story of her Renegade Angels series, I liked it, and I also read the first book in the series, but… let’s not talk about that, okay?
- Patricia Briggs: Okay, this one is cheating, but shhh! I just recently found her again. I kind of forgot that that she writes books. I read the first of her Mercy Thompson books ages ago and then I was preoccupied with something else and just deleted her out of my memory, but I just read “Cry Wolf”. So I decide that this counts 😉
I’m done. That one was hard. I actually needed to consult my Goodreads “read-2014”-list, but I did it 🙂