1. Tell us something about your book. Is it your debut? What genre does it belong to?
My book coming out December 1st, FIND ME IF YOU DARE, is the sequel to my debut, CATCH ME WHEN I FALL. They are part of my YA dark paranormal romance DREAMCATCHER series and tell the story of Daniel and Kayla, who are pulled into a warlock’s attempt to kick-start the Apocalypse.
2. Is your book part of a series or can it be read as a stand-alone?
FIND ME IF YOU DARE is part of a series. CATCH ME WHEN I FALL should be read first.
3. If you’re not writing, what do you love to do?
If I’m not reading or writing, I’m probably doing homework! I’m a criminology major at a university in Ohio.
4. Did anyone inspire you to start writing, if yes, who, or did you always knew you just had to write?
I’ve been writing since elementary school, but my biggest influencer was J.K. Rowling. I ache to, one day, write a series in which readers can get lost.
5. Any advice/tips for newbies?
Don’t give up! It’s so cliche, but the publishing business is tough, so it’s so easy to toss in the towel. But if you are persistent and are continually improving your writing, some day all the good things will happen.
6. Are you already writing a new book? Can you tell us a little bit about it?
I’m currently working on Book Three of my Dreamcatcher series, but I already have another story ready to go. Keeping the details under wraps for right now, but hopefully it’ll be something you’ve never read before.
7. A word that you use way too often? (Mine are “quite” and “probably”)
My favorite word to use is “just.” I’m always cutting a bunch in revisions!
8. When does your book release?
FIND ME IF YOU DARE comes out on December 1st!
9. Last but not least: What’s your favourite type of candy, if you don’t mind me asking?
I have a major addition to Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. It’s kinda sad.
Vicki Leigh grew up in a small suburb of Akron, Ohio where she learned to read by the age of four and considered being sent to her room for punishment as an opportunity to dive into another book. By the sixth grade, Vicki penned her first, full-length screenplay. If she couldn’t be a writer, Vicki would be a Hunter (think Dean and Sam Winchester) or a Jedi. Her favorite place on earth is Hogwarts (she refuses to believe it doesn’t exist), and her favorite dreams include solving cases alongside Sherlock Holmes. She’s a previous acquisitions editor for Curiosity Quills Press, currently a full-time criminology student, and her YA debut, Catch Me When I Fall, released October 23, 2014.