1. Tell us something about your book. Is it your debut? What genre does it belong to?
I have 2 books out at the moment. Strings & Encore, The Black Eagles trilogy. It’s Rock Romance with Mystery & suspense thrown in. It follows the lives of young people thrown into a world of fame. Strings starts with my main character Melissa, who is in hospital she has been attacked and her Rock Star boyfriend is missing. Melissa has to tell her story to the police, how she ended up there and the run up to Luke’s disappearance. They have to try and piece together every clue to try and find him. Encore follows on from the outcome of that and how they deal with the aftermath.
2. Is your book part of a series or can it be read as a stand-alone?
It is part of a series but it can be a stand-alone.
3. If you’re not writing, what do you love to do?
Blog for bands via my music blog and go to gigs, and spend time with my family.
4. Did anyone inspire you to start writing, if yes, who, or did you always knew you just had to write?
I always knew I wanted write since the age of 11. In 2010 I lost my mother to blood cancer and she was my inspiration to go for it. Life is too short and precious to think I will do it tomorrow. They might not be a tomorrow.
5. Any advice/tips for newbies?
Oohh, err. I still feel like a newbie writer myself. I can only say, follow what’s in your heart. Write what you need to and what feels right. Be at peace with the reality that not everyone will like what you do. Those that do are who you focus on and give you a reason to continue. Most of all have fun and be brave.
6. Are you already writing a new book? Can you tell us a little bit about it?
Yes. I’m working on the third and final book of The Black Eagles trilogy.
7. A word that you use way too often? (Mine are “quite” and “probably”)
I say’ Awesome’ a lot.
8. When does your book release?
Strings & Encore are both out now.
9. Last but not least: What’s your favourite type of candy, if you don’t mind me asking?
Any Kind! 🙂
Kat Green was born Nov 1979 into a military family and moved around a lot during her childhood. This shaped her into the person she is today. She is at ease with meeting new people and adapting to new surroundings. Her family roots are from Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire. Kat now lives with her husband and son on the south coast of England, Portsmouth. She doesn’t pretend to be the best and is still growing as a writer and having fun along the way. She loves books and has a busy imagination. Her love for music plays a big part in her first novel called Strings. Kat loves to watch live bands and can usually be found at gigs around the UK. In 2010 she lost her mother to blood cancer and it was time to put her words on a page and stop worrying about what people might say ‘Life is too short and precious to waste’ is her motto. Writing is her passion and her escape.
Buy Strings on Amazon