My upcoming book, Evolution, is the third book in my debut series and a work of science fiction for young adults. It’s about a girl named Clementine who wins an escape from the brutal life on the surface of her planet, where a poisonous moon looms in the sky, only to find herself battling to save the planet from destruction and fighting to keep control of her mind. Clementine’s story begins in the first two books, Extraction and Rebellion.
2. Is your book part of a series or can it be read as a stand-alone?
I definitely recommend reading the first two books in the Extraction series before diving into Evolution.
3. If you’re not writing, what do you love to do?
Playing board games, hiking, exploring the outdoors, making music on my guitar, and binge-watching TV shows.
4. Did anyone inspire you to start writing, if yes, who, or did you always knew you just had to write?
Writing has been a passion of mine for as long as I can remember, more a part of my soul than anything else. But I was inspired to actually pursue the art by my older sister, who wanted to be an author when she was younger too.
5. Any advice/tips for newbies?
If you get stuck in a scene, read a book or go for walk. It helps get the creativity flowing.
6. Are you already writing a new book? Can you tell us a little bit about it?
Indeed I am! I can’t say much, but it is a YA fantasy that’s a blend of Game of Thrones and Pirates of the Caribbean.
7. A word that you use way too often? (Mine are “quite” and “probably”)
“Like,” for sure.
8. When does your book release?
Evolution hits shelves on September 8th, 2015!
9. Last but not least: What’s your favourite type of candy, if you don’t mind me asking?
Reeses peanut butter cups, all the way.
Twenty-two-year old Stephanie Diaz wrote her debut novel, Extraction, while studying film at San Diego State University.She has since written two sequels, Rebellion and the forthcoming Evolution, which hits shelves September 8th. In her spare time she fangirls over TV shows and writes music. Visit her online at http://www.stephaniediazbooks.com and follow her on twitter, @StephanieEDiaz.