NEVER NEVER is my debut! 🙂 It’s a YA fantasy retelling of Peter Pan from Hook’s perspective.
2. Is your book part of a series or can it be read as a stand-alone?
This book is a stand-alone.
3. If you’re not writing, what do you love to do?
I love to read, obviously, haha. Apart from that, I’m into total geekery. I’m a particularly big fan of video games, mostly RPGs!
4. Did anyone inspire you to start writing, if yes, who, or did you always knew you just had to write?
My grandpa! We used to write poetry, and would sometimes write poetry letters to my cousins. I have very fond memories of writing with him as a little girl, and he is still one of my biggest supporters.
5. Any advice/tips for newbies?
My biggest piece of advice is not to heed ever piece of advice out there. People have prescriptions for how exactly YOU should write. “Write every day!” “No adverbs EVAR!” “Plot!” “Pants!” I say, take a risk. Find what works for you, and do it.
6. Are you already writing a new book? Can you tell us a little bit about it?
My brother and I are working on a dark fantasy that was very very loosely inspired by Dorian Gray. It’s been really fun to write.
7. A word that you use way too often? (Mine are “quite” and “probably”)
Probably “Dude.” Also “Bro.” I use those words…a lot. Haha!
8. When does your book release?
September 22, 2015. Right around the corner!
9. Last but not least: What’s your favourite type of candy, if you don’t mind me asking?
I am in LOVE with Sour Punch Straws. Any flavor, I’m not picky. 😉
I’m a lover of words. Sometimes weird ones. Sometimes bloody ones. Sometimes kissy ones. I try not to discriminate. Also, all things nerdy. Odds are, if they talk about it on The Big Bang Theory, I like it. Star Wars, superheroes, gaming, you name it. Much to the dismay of my much cooler younger sisters.
I live in fantabulous Colorado with my hubs and two boys, all of whom are pretty awesome.(It’s pretty testosteroney around here. SO. MANY. BOY.)
Sometimes, I blog about writerly things. I’m an author of YA fiction, and I LOVE what I do.