My latest book, Red Nights, came out on June 18, 2015. It is my fifth book and definitely one of my favorites. It’s a romantic suspense. I had so much fun writing it and I’m so glad my readers have enjoyed it so far.
2. Is your book part of a series or can it be read as a stand-alone?
Red Nights is a standalone, but that’s not to say there may not be a follow-up story in the future ;).
3. When does your book release?
Since Red Nights is now a few months old, it’s time to bring in a new book, You’re It. You’re It is a novella and a follow-up to my bestseller, TAG. You’re It can be read as a standalone as well as with TAG. This book is fun and will hopefully keep my readers laughing as well as in suspense :).
4. If you’re not writing, what do you love to do?
When I’m not writing, I’m actually designing covers. I’ve been a graphic designer since the beginning of my adult life. While I love writing, I couldn’t decide between the two, so I do both!
5. Did anyone inspire you to start writing, if yes, who, or did you always knew you just had to write?
My grandmother and great-grandmother were both authors, and I figured if they could do it, so can’t I. I’ve always had a passion for writing, but I didn’t know if I was capable of writing an entire book. Turns out, I am capable!
6. Any advice/tips for newbies?
Don’t give up. When things get rough, write so more.
7. Are you already writing a new book? Can you tell us a little bit about it?
I am :). I’m currently finishing up a new military romance. This story has been pouring out of me for months and it’s near and dear to my heart. I hope my readers enjoy it when it comes out!
8. A word that you use way too often? (Mine are “quite” and “probably”)
9. Last but not least: What’s your favourite type of candy, if you don’t mind me asking?
When Shari isn’t writing, she can usually be found cleaning toys up off the floor.
To learn more, visit her at, www.sharijryan.com.