1. Tell us something about your book. Is it your debut? What genre does it belong to?
AS YOU BREATHE AGAIN is my third published book. It follows a single dad (Reece Walker) and a big-city girl (Lanie Shaw) as they fall for each other amidst issues in a small Southern town. Lanie is my first POC character, something I’m very excited about.
2. Is your book part of a series or can it be read as a stand-alone?
AS YOU BREATHE AGAIN is a companion, which means it isn’t a direct sequel. It features a new couple as the main characters, although they were in my AS YOU TURN AWAY. The Walker Boys series follows a trio of rowdy brothers and the women they fall for. Each can be technically read as a stand-alone.
3. If you’re not writing, what do you love to do?
So many things. I’m an avid reader, and I work out several times a week. I have a playlist for everything from exercising to swimming. Friendship is also a huge part of my life, so I get together with my friends for epic girls’ nights out as often as I can. Someone came home with a piercing on my last one; earlier this year, we took off for Florida for a few days. I already miss the beach.
4. Did anyone inspire you to start writing, if yes, who, or did you always knew you just had to write?
I always knew I was a writer. I wrote with several friends for years, but there was never an end goal in mind. I was in-between jobs in the winter of 2012, and I had the idea for AS YOU TURN AWAY, so I went for it. Victoria Schwab and Tamara Ireland Stone are BIG influences on my life, and both inspired me, in different ways, to go for my dream.
5. Any advice/tips for newbies?
My advice will seem simple. It’s “Keep writing. Keep reading. Keep learning.” It’s okay if your first book isn’t published. Or your third. Or your tenth. Just don’t give up on yourself when times get tough.
6. Are you already writing a new book? Can you tell us a little about it?
I’m starting AS YOU COME UNDONE, the third Walker Boys book soon. It features charming mechanic Ethan Walker and saucy redhead Jenna Rutledge.
7. A word that you use way too often?
“Swoon” or usually, “swoon-worthy.” What can I say? I’m a romantic at heart. 😉
8. When does your book release?
January 4, 2016!
9. Last but not least, what’s your favorite type of candy?
M&M’s! When I indulge in them, it’s the best thing ever.
Molli is the author of The Walker Boys series, about a trio of rowdy brothers, their growth and individual journeys, and the sassy girls who love them. She’s also written a New Adult standalone novel, ONE SONG AWAY, with other books constantly on her mind.