1. Tell us something about you. Who are you? What books do you write?
I’m a single mother of a beautiful daughter who lives in Utah. I’m a recluse but when I do venture out it’s usually to the mountains or some quiet spot. I love the outdoors and was raised on a very large ranch.
As for the books I write, I write a little of everything romance. I have Christian romance, erotica, LGBT romance, and good old MF romances too. If an idea comes to mind, I write it. I refuse to be stuck in one genre.
The latest book I’ve written is Secret. It is book two of my Save The Kids Series and deals with a group of vigilante pedophile hunters who help to save and rescue kids while making vile perverts pay for their crimes.
3. Anything you want to share about your upcoming book(s)?
My next release is Blinded. It is book 3 of my Terrin Pass Wolves series. It’s a story about recovering from a violent attack and learning to trust and love. It should be out the end of April.
4. What’s your biggest struggle while writing?
My biggest struggle is staying focused and not getting distracted by social media or other things going on around me.
5. Any favourite drinks or snacks you need to have while you’re writing?
Coffee! I drink a lot of coffee through the day. More than is probably heathy. I also suck on cough drops and other hard candy as I write.
6. How do you come up with the ideas for your various series?
Ideas come from everywhere. The idea for the STK book came from watching pedophile hunting groups in the UK. While they stay within the law, my mind took things a bit farther for the books. I love to people watch and come up with ideas all the time just watching people around me.
7. Anyone who inspired you to pick up writing or was that something you always wanted to do?
I’ve always been writing. I started in about seventh grade and haven’t stopped. I have files of old stories I wrote in high school. It took years to get the courage to publish, but writing has always been in my blood.
8. Any tips for new writers?
Stop listening to others tell you how. Stop worrying about the rules. Let the words flow. You are probably better than you think, and you are overthinking. Get the words out and go from there. You can edit a mess, but you can’t edit a blank page!
9. Are you planning a new series in the future?
I don’t have any new series planned as of now, but I do have a few hundred stand-alone ideas that I will be working on. I’m going to push to do more MF romances along with the MM romances I’m more known for.
10. Any writing goals for 2018?
To continue to write and bring the ideas to life on page.
11. What is one word you are using way too often while writing and have to edit out? (Mine are ‘quite’ and ‘though’ when I write reviews)
Actually, pushed, pulled, breath are the words I have to watch myself on.
12. When you’re not writing, what do you love to do?
I love to swim, read, hike, camp, I’m a dooms-day prepper, and I love to travel and show my daughter the world now that she is old enough to enjoy it.
Random questions that I came up with while on the bus to university:
1. If you could have any type of superpower, what would it be? Any reasons why?
I’d love to fly. I think it would be amazing to see the world from high above.
2. If you could go on vacation anywhere, regardless the cost, where would you like to go?
Israel. I’ve always wanted to go there and see the Holy Land.
3. Water or soda drinks?
Both. I love both. I drink too much soda and not enough water, but if I had to pick one favorite drink it would be coffee.
4. Popcorn buttered or salted, or even sweetened (which is the normal type here in Germany, we don’t have buttered, and rarely salted)?
Extra butter, no salt. I love greasy buttered popcorn.
5. What countries have you visited or want to visit?
I’ve been to Canada, Mexico, Jamaica so far. I would love to get over to the UK and also Israel.
6. Do you speak a second language? Or do you wish you could speak a second language, which one would you like to be able to speak?
I am fluent in Sign Language, speak Navajo, and some broken Spanish.
7. If you could pick one animal from a zoo to keep as a pet, what would it be?
An elephant. I’ve always loved them.
8. Are you more of a sneaker or high heels type of girl?
I don’t own a single pair of heels. Sneakers all the way if I have to wear shoes at all. If I can get away with it I go barefoot.
9. What’s your favourite colour of nail polish?
I don’t wear any, but I love how greens look on others.
10. Favourite season: spring, summer, autumn or winter?
Spring is my favorite when everything is new and fresh.
11. What’s the one thing you can’t live without?
12. Favourite fruit?
Apples. I can make so much with them and have them so many different ways.
13. What was your favourite subject in school and what was your least favourite?
History was my favorite class. I’m still a huge history buff. The class I hated and still hate is math!
About the author
My name is Emma Marie Leya aka E.M Leya.
I live with my daughter and my pets in Salt Lake City, Utah. When I am not writing, I’m an avid swimmer with a passion for the mountains. I can often be found playing outdoors.
Writing has been a major part for my entire life, only recently did I take the time to fine tune and publish my work so others might enjoy it.
My main interest is writing Gay Romance and I am active supporter of the LGBT community.
In case you are interested in my review for Pain, the first book in the STK series, here it is.