1. Tell us something about your latest book. Is it your debut? What genre does it belong to?
My latest book was Fate Undone, the 5th book in my paranormal romance series The Mythean Arcana. The hero is Loki, the Norse trickster god, and the heroine is his mythological wife, Sigyn. I re-envision their relationship in the past and unite them in the future to fight a great evil. I think it’s my best book yet and truly love the ending.
2. Is your book part of a series or can it be read as a stand-alone?
My books are part of a loosely linked series called The Mythean Arcana. They are slightly better if read in order, but can easily be read out of order.
3. When does your book release?
Master of Fate, Book 6 in the Mythean Arcana releases at the end of September. Like my other books, it’s an adventurous paranormal romance with lots of hot sex. The hero and heroine knew each other in the past, but were torn apart by fate and terrible circumstance. They’re reunited in the present when their past comes back to haunt them and they both struggle to heal from their damage and find their way back to each other. I really love this one because of that element.
4. Which character of your book was the hardest to write?
Felix, the hero of Master of Fate, was the hardest to write because he has had some pretty terrible stuff happen to him. But he was also a joy to write because of how committed to the heroine he is.
5. If you’re not writing, what do you love to do?
I love to read and travel and go to the beach.
6. Did anyone inspire you to start writing or did you always knew you just had to write?
I’ve always loved romance novels and I did a lot of writing in my other career as an archaeologist. In 2011, I just had to turn my writing toward romance because I loved reading the books so much.
7. Any advice/tips for newbies?
This is hard because I feel a bit like a newbie myself still. I imagine I’ll still feel like that 20 books in. The best advice I can say is to just keep writing while also studying craft.
8. Are you already writing a new book? Can you tell us a little bit about it?
I’m finishing the edits on Master of Fate, my 6th book in the Mythean Arcana series. It comes out in late September.
9. A word that you use way too often? (Mine are “quite” and “probably”)
When I speak, it is definitely “do you know what I mean?”. It’s very reflexive for me to end my sentences with it and my mother finds it to be quite annoying :-). I can see her point.
10. Last but not least: What’s your favourite type of candy, if you don’t mind me asking?
This is a hard one. I love all sorts of candy, but right now toffee and chocolate are high on my list.