Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke And Bookish.
For future Top Ten Tuesday topics & info on how to participate, click here!
Ten Authors I want you to try
Ok, this week’s episode of TTT was a freebie and I’m generally bad at coming up with a theme myself. So Ten Books I Want You To Read was the best thing I could come up with.
1. Carrots by Colleen Helme: I found this book completely by accident. It’s a woman, named Shelby, who was shot in the head and now has the awesome ability to read minds. Also she gets into a lot of dangerous situation and the books are just so funny. And … Ramos is my favourite. He’s just … *sigh*
2. Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout: Found this by accident, too, and I was in love with this after the few first pages. Because, hello? A girl that is a blogger like me (she actually inspired me to start this blog) and hot guys, also … Aliens? Totally sold.
3. My Soul To Take by Rachel Vincent: Let me be honest with you, I wasn’t completely sure about this one, but after I’ve read the second one (my edition was a 2-in-1 book) I was hooked and read the whole series in a week.
4. First Grave On The Right by Darynda Jones: I won this book in a giveaway and I loved it. Charley, the main character, is my favourite kind of character. She’s sarcastic, funny, can see ghosts and she has this weird habit of naming her furniture.
5. Last Wolf Standing by Rhyannon Byrd: I actually started with the fourth book in series, but I liked it so much, I just had to read the other ones, too. Because, come on! Hot male alphas and women, who won’t take the shit the guys through on them.
6. Hotter After Midnight by Cynthia Eden: It was the every first book by Cynthia Eden I’ve read and every other book by her was just as good.
7. Show No Mercy by Cindy Gerard: I have this weird obsession with Black Ops guys and if you love action-filled books with a romance try it.
8. One Night Of Sin by Elle Kennedy: Hot MMA-fighter who liked to talk dirty, what else to say?
I just noticed I forget my two favourite of all time authors! Bad me.
9. Slave To Sensation by Nalini Singh: I love the world-building, the characters, the humor, just everything.
10. Darkness Dawns by Dianne Duvall: The characters are just like a big family. Love them all to death.
I got this idea from Freya of Sound Of A Voice and she allowed me to steal it 🙂
Ally Carter: I’d Tell You I Love You, But Then I’d Have To Kill You (Gallagher Girls #1)
Patricia Briggs: Fair Game (Alpha & Omega #3)
Also I finally got a library card, so I kind of went insane and got a LOT of stuff. And I discovered that audiobooks and me do indeed mix if I like the reader. I still do have to figure out if I like the readers of the following reader. Also I will put all the english (book) covers in here, but with the exception of two, I got everything in german. So here is my very first Library Haul.
J.R. Ward: Lover At Last (borrowed in english)
Gena Showalter: Intertwined; Unraveled (german: Unsterblich verliebt; Verflucht verliebt)
Chloe Neill: Some Girls Bite; Friday Night Bites (german: Frisch gebissen; Verbotene Bisse)
Jennifer L. Armentrout: Obsidian (borrowed in english)
Kiersten White: Paranormalcy (german: Flames’n’roses – Lebe lieber übersinnlich)
Ally Condie: Matched; Crossed; Reached (german: Die Auswahl; Die Ankunft; Die Flucht)
Lauren Kate: Fallen; Torment (german: Engels Nacht; Engels Morgen)
Lauren Oliver: Delirium (german: Delirium)
Kerstin Gier: Dream a little dream (german: Silber – Das erste Buch der Träume)
Laini Taylor: Daughter of Smoke and Bone (german: Daughter Of Smoke and Bone)
Richelle Mead: Vampire Academy (german: Blutsschwestern)
When I’m going to listen to all those audiobooks you ask. Well, everyday I need two hours to travel to school and back home. So I have two hours everyday to listen to them 😉 I’m probably done with one each week.
Also did you know that most of the more popular audiobooks are on YouTube? Or are read by some awesome youtubers, for example (that’s for the german folks) look up crazyLisabooks. She reads the Mythos Academy series. She’s already done with the whole series and I really like her voice.
FYI: There will be no Top 3 today, because I’m currently hooked to audiobooks. Obviously.
Blurb: When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring…. until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.
And Then He Opened His Mouth…
Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something…unexpected happens.
The Hot Alien Living Next Door Marks Me…
You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I’m getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.
If I Don’t Kill Him First, That Is.
Genre: Young Adult, Fantasy
Serie: Lux #1
Erscheinungsdatum: 08. Mai 2012
Deutsche Übersetzung: Obsidian. Schattendunkel
HEA/Happy End: Noch nicht
Bewertung: 5 Sterne ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶ ✶