Ten Bookish Things I Want to Quit Or Have Quit
aka ten book series I think I’m going to abandon, ten bookish habits I want to quit, ten authors I quit reading, ten types of books I’m quitting, ten tropes I want to stop reading about, ten books I marked as DNF (did not finish) recently, etc.
Book Habits I want to quit:
1. Reading way too many books at the same time. I’m totally guilty of that and there is always this one book that I totally forget about while reading the others. So I try to limit myself to 3 books at the same time (not always working)
2. Skipping description: I sometimes find myself only reading the dialogue, because I’m not really interested in all the other details. I more like to read about one on one dialogue action between the characters.
Book series I quit ages ago:
3. Black Dagger Brotherhood Series by JR Ward: As much as I like vampire stories, after the eighth book I couldn’t take the repetition anymore.
4. Midnight Breed series by Lara Adrian: I liked this series… till Miss Adrian started to write books for the children of all the couples. That just felt like she was milking the series to get more money out of it. So I quit.
5. Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi: I know, I will probably get a lot of hate for this, but I just had to quit this because of the writing style. I found it really annoying. Also I couldn’t stand…what was her name again? Juliet? Juliette? Guilette? I’m too lazy to look it up. I’m sorry, folks.
6. A Thousand Nights by E.K. Johnston: I just recently dnf-ed this, because of the writing style. Way too hard for me. I want to enjoy reading a book, not feel like I am in an english lesson at school.
7. Night House series: I tried it once, but … please, don’t make me revisit that experience. Also how did that series get so many books? O.O
8. Under The Never Sky series by Veronica Rossi: I won’t even explain that. Read my review if you are interested in my reason for dnf-ing this >>here<<
9. Fallen Crest High series by Tijan: I was kind of hooked to the first book of the series, but for the wrong reasons. So I won’t even bother with reading the second one.
Authors I quit reading:
10. Nicholas Sparks: Do I really need to explain it? I just can’t stand his books. WAY. TOO. CHEESY.
What are your ten things you will quit/have already quit? Let me know in the comments down below.